Butter cake mix
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla essence
3-4 tablespoon Lemon curd
Candied lemon slices:
1 lemon, thinly sliced
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
Fresh strawberries and blueberries for garnishing (optional)
1. Bake cake as per instructions in cake tin.
2. Allow to cool, then trim off tops of cake to make level. Carefully slice cake into 3 even horizontal layers.
3. To make candied lemon slices, dissolve 1 cup sugar in 1 cup water and add lemon slices. Simmer on low for about 15 minutes. Remove and place on baking paper to completely cool.
3. Whip the cream with sugar until it holds its shape.
4. Place bottom layer of cake on serving plate or cake stand.
5. Add 1 tablespoon of lemon curd and spread evenly on cake layer. Add 1-2 tablespoons of whipped cream on cake and spread with spatula. Repeat with cake layers, lemon curd and cream until desired height is achieved.
6. Garnish with candied lemon, fresh blueberries and strawberries.