To make your own semi naked cake, you'll need:
2 similar sized cakes (I used cake mix but you can use any cake recipe you like)
100g caster sugar
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla essence
Edible flowers or fruits for decoration
1. Trim off tops of each cake to make level.
2. Carefully slice each cake into 2 even horizontal layers.
3. Whip the cream with sugar and vanilla until it holds its shape.
4. Place bottom layer of cake on serving plate or cake stand. Add 1-2 tablespoons of whipped cream on cake and spread with spatula. Repeat with cake layers and cream until desired height is achieved. Don't worry if (like me) you're a bit heavy handed with the cream and it spills over the edges.
5. Using a spatula, spread excess cream all over the cream to create the semi-naked finish.