One of my favourite flavour combinations in a cake which I made last week on the most beautiful Autumn's Day. It was absolutely tasty! I love the light scent of rosewater in the nutty cake and how the addition of lime juice gives it a zesty lift. Mmm. Hmm.
150g shelled pistachios
1 cup self raising flour, sifted
1 cup caster sugar
200g butter, softened
3 eggs, lightly beaten
Juice of 1 lime
2 tablespoons rosewater
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius. Grease a round 22cm springform pan and line base with non-stick baking paper.
2. Grind pistachios in food processor until it resembles powder. Reserve 3 teaspoon for garnishing.
3. Place butter and sugar in a bowl and mix well to combine. Stir in lime
juice, rosewater and eggs. Then add ground pistachios and flour and mix
4. Spoon into prepared cake tin, smooth the surface and bake for about 50-55 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Leave to cool on cooling rack.
5. Sift icing sugar on the top of the cake and sprinkle the reserved ground pistachios over the top.
Printer friendly version here.