So on the weekend, while Stu was chasing after the ever energetic boy, I dusted off my tart tin, donned my apron and indulged in some baking therapy. I measured and mixed, I stirred and I whisked. Before long, my mind and spirit felt that much more refreshed and out of the oven came one of my favourite desserts of all time - dark chocolate tart.
1 sheet shortcrust pastry
85g dark chocolate
1/2 cup caster sugar
1/4 cup plain flour sifted
1. Grease and line fluted tart tin with pastry. Trim excess pastry. lightly prick bases with a fork. Preheat oven to 180°C (360°F) and blind bake for 15 minutes or until pastry is cooked.
2. Melt chocolate and butter in heatproof bowl over a pot of simmering water, stirring gently to combine. Set aside.
3. Place eggs and sugar in another heatproof bowl over a pot of simmering water and whisk until thick and frothy.
4. Add chocolate mixture to egg mixture, whisking to combine. Whisk in flour and then pour into prepared tart shell.
5. Bake for about 20 minutes or until just set.
Printer friendly recipe here.