Did you know that freshly picked zucchinis have very fine prickly hair? I know! Because I finally got to pick some! FROM MY GARDEN.
Yes, my zucchini plants are finally fruiting and I am so happy! (Note: I don't usually get so excited over vegetables but as I've been hand pollinating and obsessively checking them everyday, it's been a pretty hands on process and makes me extra proud of my harvest.). So lately I've been roasting, sauteing, stir-frying and eating zucchinis all sorts of ways and today I would like to share with you one of my favourite ways to cook and eat it - in a crepe.
1/2 cup plain flour
1/2 cup milk
Pinch of salt
1 tablespoon butter
100g fetta cheese
1 zucchini, grated
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Place crepe ingredients in a bowl and whisk to mix well to make a smooth batter
2. Grease frying pan and add just enough batter to cover the base. Cook over medium heat until golden. Then flip and repeat on other side. Remove from heat and put aside.
3. Add zucchini, cheese and egg in bowl. Stir to combine. Season to taste.
4. Melt butter in frying pan. Add the zucchini mixture and cook, stirring gently until egg is set.
5. Remove from heat and place filling in centre of crepe and roll to serve.
Printer friendly recipe here.