How's this for a neat Christmas gift idea? Homemade chocolate bark. The hardest part is making sure you don't eat it all by yourself.
PS: You get to choose the fruit and nut combo!
250g dark chocolate melts
50g glacé cherrie, roughly chopped
75g pistachios, shelled and roughly chopped
1. Line cutting board or baking tray with baking paper.
2. Chop chocolate and place in a heatproof bowl. Fill a pot about 1/3 full of water and bring to boil before reducing to simmer. Place bowl of chocolate over the pot. Stir as the chocolate melts and remove from heat when smooth.
3. Add about half the cherries and pistachios to melted chocolate and stir to coat.
4. Spread the mixture on prepared baking tray thinly and evenly. Sprinkle remaining cherries and pistachios over the chocolate.
5. Freeze until chocolate sets (~ 1 hour). Gently remove chocolate from baking paper.
6. Break into shards and keep in airtight container.