Lavender earl grey tea cake (makes 12)
1 1/2 cups self raising flour
Pinch of salt
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon lavender
1/2 cup milk
4-5 earl grey tea bags
125g butter, melted
1. Place milk in small pot and heat on stove until just boiling. Remove from heat and add tea bags and allow to infuse for 30 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 180°C (360°F). Grease muffin tin.
3. Sift flour and salt into a large bowl and set aside.
4. Place lavender in food processor to chop for around 15 seconds. Add sugar to processor and pulse until mixed. Add to flour mixture.
5. In a medium bowl, beat eggs with tea infused milk and melted butter. Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until combined. Poured into the greased muffin tin.
6. Bake until the cakes are golden brown and a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean, about 15-20 minutes.