I used to be totally clueless when it came to shopping for babies but for obvious reasons, I have a much better idea now. I cringe when I recall some of my inappropriate baby gift choices, like that pretty little summer frock in size 0000 that I bought for my friend's winter baby that I'm sure she never got to wear. And that cute little onesie with the word "mother sucker" printed on it (though it was really funny at that time !). If you're like the old me, or if you're just running out of gift ideas for baby showers, this guide is for you...
first 'baby item' I bought after I found out I was pregnant. I believe that the gift of reading is the best present anyone can give.
2. Donkey Products aeroplane kids spoon - A beautifully crafted wooden aeroplane atop a steel spoon to make playtime fun for the fussiest of eaters. Alexander loves it when I make plane noises while flying this spoon into his mouth.
3. Aden and Anais serenity star - A friend gave this to me at my baby shower and I've used it since the first day I bought Little A home. It is a handy sound machine, clock, room temperature indicator, night light and feeding diary all in one delightful little star that looks great in the nursery.
4. Raw Space felt cloud mobile - Babies spend a good amount of time lying on their backs so it's nice to give them something lovely to stare at. This cute and quirky mobile is handmade in Nepal and its multi-coloured raindrops are sure to delight the little ones.
5. MiniJumbuk Baa Baa blanket - Every baby needs at least one warm blanket for the cool winter months. This one by trusted Australian brand MiniJumbuk is made from luxuriously soft pure wool, making it suitable for the most sensitive baby skin.
6. Carter plush fox security blanket - I told you about Alexander's special friend Elly in this post and it really is the sweetest thing when a baby develops an attachment to a particular toy. Not only does it provide comfort, it also is lovely to give baby something to cuddle up with.
7. Vulli Sophie the Giraffe teething toy - Pretty much every baby I've met has one of these and for very good reason. It is made with 100% natural rubber and painted with natural food paint and has lots of nobbly bits so baby can gnaw contentedly away! Alexander loves to give Sophie a hearty chew and a big squeeze and giggles whenever Sophie squeaks,
8. The Aromatherapy Co. baby therapy set - It's important to give delicate baby skin the best care right from the start, so I was thrilled to receive this baby therapy set for Alexander to trial and review. The pack includes a tube of botty balm for preventing or treating nappy rash, a 100% organic soap bar and a wonderfully soft bamboo cloth to gently wash baby's skin during bath time.