Tripod (I use the Joby Gorillapod)
1. Set up tripod and phone in a spot with lots of natural light.
2. Using the Fastcamera app, set timer at an interval that suits; I usually go for 5 seconds.
3. Hit "Start" and move in front of camera. Once the timer interval is up, the app will take dozens of photos in seconds and capture those precious moments that otherwise might escape your camera.
4. When you're done (usually after a minute or two for me), hit "Stop" and then "Review", and then pick the best of the lot to save to camera roll.
5. Edit image. I use Snapseed to crop, adjust brightness/contrast/saturation as needed. Or add filters, whatever you tickles your fancy.
- Keep photography rules in mind, such as rule of thirds, trying different perspective, removing clutter and so on. I found this guide which was sent to me and created by PhotoBox to be particularly handy.
- I find the best photos are the ones that are not posed. I like to tickle bub and have a giggle with him. Sometimes we dance, sing, twirl, jump or just have a quiet moment together so the photos will turn out natural.