Over the years I've bought him a number of gifts; some were duds (like that ill fitting batik shirt from Singapore I got him early on in our relationship) but thankfully others were pretty good! I asked him to list his favorite gifts he's received from me, so I can share them with you. They are...
2. Edwin Jagger Barley Chatsworth 3-Piece Shaving Set. I'll admit I bought this purely for its shiny good looks but it turned out to be something that he has been using everyday since. He tells me he enjoys his daily morning ritual of shaving the old fashioned way; running the brush under hot water before lathering up the cream and swirling it on, passing the razor over his face and the final rinse. Ah, the art of the classic wet shave.
3. Crabtree and Evelyn Moroccan Myrrh Shave Cream and After Shave Balm. A quality shaving set deserves quality products. The Moroccan myrrh range smells woody and masculine - Stu loves it and so do I!
4. Braun Buffel Klug Travel Organizer. He travels quite a bit for work so I knew I couldn't go wrong with a travel wallet made of soft leather in a classic design that that will not go out of style. Its easy zip around and many compartments makes it easy to access his passport, boarding pass, pen, different currencies, frequent flyer card, and spare passport photos.
5. Highback Recliner Chair. OK, I haven't bought Stu a recliner just yet but this is something I know he will love. His parents have one and I've seen him in it more than a few times whenever we go over for a visit. I found a number of styles and designs over at Super A-Mart Australia which will actually work really well with our existing furniture.
6. Mont Blanc Meisterstück Fountain Pen. I bought this so he can enjoy the sheer pleasure of owning a high quality, beautifully crafted pen . Does this pen make him a better writer? Of course not. But there is something quite special about it...a sense of formality perhaps? That it isn't a just another disposable item but instead something that will last decades and most likely passed on to our little boy as an heirloom pen.
7. Braun Buffel Overnight bag. This is compact yet holds an amazing amount of items - perfect for short trips away as well as weekenders. I love that it is matchy matchy with his travel wallet, so he can travel in style.
OK, your turn now...what are some of your gift ideas?