Freshflowers.com.au offers a fresh perspective on flower delivery and offers a handy ‘Help Me Choose Wizard’ to assist customers in the process of selecting flowers for all occasions. They even have a free Reminder Service so you'll never get caught out for not remembering special occasions. As I was browsing their Facebook page (filled with lovely flower arrangements and behind the scenes shots) for inspiration, I had a bit of a light bulb moment.
This flower garland is incredibly easy to make and looks oh so pretty on the wall. It is perfect for when you have guests over, bridal and baby showers, parties or whenever you want something gorgeous to look at, really.
Flowers (I used sweet peas and carnations)
Needle and thread
1. Cut the stems off flowers.
2. Cut thread to desired length making sure to leave enough thread on either ends for tying. Then thread the flowers through.
3.Make a simple stitch on the last flower to hold in place. Repeat on flower on the other end.
4. Hang on wall, chair, door and enjoy your beautiful creation!
- You can make this one day before the special occasion by spritzing flowers with water, placing in ziplock bag or plastic container and then store garland in fridge.
- Experiment with different varieties of flowers, or add foliage and herbs for interest.
- Use hardier flowers (such as carnations) so your garland will last longer. Or use flowers that dry well so you'll end up with a beautiful dried flower garland.
- This DIY also works really well with silk flowers, which provides the added bonus of lasting a lot longer!