Since about a month ago, Alexander has been going to swimming lessons every Thursday. We both get in the water and splash around to songs and nursery rhymes. I learn the correct ways to hold him and rock his body to encourage kicking. He absolutely loves it, which is great!
What is also great about these swimming lessons is, Alexander gets so tired from all that splashing and kicking that he'll come home and go straight to bed and nap for a whole two hours...at least. Which leaves me with much loved 'me' time to do whatever I want - sleep, cook, read, watch TV and so on. Yesterday I decided to bake.
Palmiers (makes ~18)
1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
1/4 cup ranulated sugar
Ground cinnamon, to taste
1 egg, beaten
2. Sprinkle half the sugar and cinnamon evenly in a single layer on the pastry.
3. Fold in the edges and then fold again to meet in the center.
4. Brush egg over the top of the pastry and then fold again.
5. Place in freezer for 15 minutes to harden.
7. Slice into 1-cm pieces. Then dip into remaining sugar to coat on both sides.
8. Split the ends and place in baking tray, making sure to leave enough room for the palmiers to expand.
9. Place in 200 degrees celsius oven and bake for 8 minutes. Flip to other side and bake for another 8 minutes.
10. Remove from oven and cool on cooling rack.
Click here for printer friendly version.