You know that very glamourous 1940s look featuring bright red lips? I've always been a huge fan of that look but was too intimidated to try it. But then, my dear old friend and talented make up artist Claire assures me that anyone can wear that look and she even came over to my place one afternoon to show me how...
2. Using a gel or liquid eye liner in black to create the winged eye liner.
3. Bold lips require strong eyebrows to match. Use powder to colour in eyebrows and brush through to even it out.
4. Big (eyelashes) is good. Claire applied individual false eye lashes to my eyes to create dramatic lashes. Or you can use a thickening mascara too.
5. Lips is key to this look. Start by lining lips with a red lip liner, then use same liner to fill lips. Next, use a lip brush to colour in red lipstick before finishing with red lip gloss to make the colour pop.
6. To complete the look, wear matching nail polish!
What do you think of this look? Would you be interested in seeing more makeup tutorials in this space?
This look was created with make up provided by Illasmasqua, from their Valentine's Collection which consists of the following products:
Colouring pencil in Feisty
Lipstick in Maneater
Intense lipgloss in Touch
Nail Varnish in Throb
With Illamasqua, I have found that what you see is really what you get. So that bright red nail varnish you see in the bottle will look the exact same bright red on your nails...even with just one coat on. Same for the lip products. The lip liner and lipstick are both highly pigmented and have a matte finish with great staying power. I love adding a smidgeon of lipgloss over the top to make the colour really POP.
These products were supplied to me for trial and review however all opinions are my own.