I was at my friends' engagement party on the weekend, devouring most of their hard cheese and dutifully avoiding the soft cheese and cured meats when someone asked me what food I've missed the most since falling pregnant. Without hesitation, I said, soft cheese, smoked salmon, sashimi, oysters, champagne and strong, non-decaf coffee. And if/when I get the all clear for gestational diabetes, I want a nutella donut.
That conversation started a whole train of thought and I found myself thinking about (non-baby related) things that I would finally be able to do post-pregnancy. Here are the top 5 on my list...
1. Eat whatever I want (see above)
2. Star jump, hop, skip, twist, twirl, dance. Ah, to feel light again.
3. Wear dresses with waistlines that falls at my natural waist. With high heels.
4. Have a hot (not just warm) spa bath and with all the fancy lumbar jets.
5. Sleeping flat on my back.
Isn't it interesting how it is the simple pleasures that I look forward to the most. Are you looking forward to anything at the moment?