I have about 50 plain tea light holders that I bought for my wedding to use as centerpieces. Two years later, they're just sitting sad and lonely in their boxes and I was thinking about giving them away when Stu convinced me to keep them, saying he's sure one day I'll find something creative to do with them. I was quite flattered he thinks so highly of my crafty ways and decided to keep them.
But then, recently, I really did get inspiration to jazz up these dollar shop purchases to make them look super cool. And you won't believe what I used to create these pretty marbleized effects...nail polish!
Nail polish in various colors
Plastic tub/container (I recommend using takeaway containers that you can discard to save on cleaning)
Tea light holders
1. Fill plastic tub/container with water to depth of ~2 cm.
2. Add a few drops of nail polish in your preferred colors.
3. Use a skewer to swirl the nail polish to create a marbleized effect.
4. Gently dip the tea light holder at a slight angle onto the nail polish.
5. Place upside down to air dry completely. (~30 minutes)