A quick internet search revealed that I can buy them already made at $35 for 5 pom poms. Or...I could make them myself for just $1 each. Guess what one I opted for?
As with all my other craft projects, this one super easy and only takes about 10 minutes of my very divided and unfocused attention to make (ie. while watching TV, screaming at Frankie, chatting on the phone).
Want to make them too? Here's how.
Crafting tissue paper (pack of 5 sheets measuring 500x750mm)
1. Cut tissue paper in half lengthwise and stack the sheets on top of each other.
2. Accordion fold on the shorter side until . Each fold should be ~4cm wide.
3. Staple the centre of the tissue.
4. Gently separate the tissue paper, one sheet at a time by pulling away towards the stapled centre.
5. Once separated, fluff into a sphere.