Last week, a friend of mine took some lovely trimester 3 shots of my pregnant self. If you compare these with my trimester 2 photos, you'll notice the dramatic change in seasons as well as how much my belly has grown!
1. Up till a few weeks ago, I was consciously trying to keep the waddling in check. Then one day, I decided it's all too hard. Let the waddling begin!
2. A total stranger came up to me recently and asked if she could touch my belly. I know some mothers don't like it but I just laughed and said OK.
3. I feel baby's kicks and movements more than ever now, sometimes at the most inconvenient times (ie. when I'm about to drift to sleep), but every kick reassures me that baby is strong and well and I am grateful for it.
4. I feel so heavy and pregnant already and can hardly believe I have another 3 months to go - which means I will only get bigger and heavier!
4. The fatigue and moodiness I experienced during the first trimester has returned. The other day after a particularly long and hard week, I woke up at 3 in the morning and sobbed my eyes out for no apparent reason except I was feeling so sorry for myself.
5. Nursery set up starts this weekend! Our bathroom renovation is finally complete so the next few weekends will be dedicated to buying baby supplies. I just can't wait to put everything together.
6. Nesting instincts have well and truly kicked in. I spent most of the weekend scrubbing and cleaning the kitchen, living room and dining room. Everything literally sparkles now. And that makes me happy.
7. Just last Friday, I dreamt of my baby. In my dreams, it was a boy - the most beautiful baby boy I could ever wish for (though I might be biased, of course). He was tiny and had the brightest eyes and I cradled him in my arms and never wanted to let go.
Mother's instinct or just a random dream? I can only wait to find out...