You may have seen these pickled green chillies at your favourite Thai, Malaysian or Singaporean restaurant, and if you've been game enough to try them, you would know that they're actually more tangy than spicy, with just a hint of sweetness and they are the PERFECT condiment for a stir fry or noodle dish.
10-15 green chillies
1 cup white rice vinegar
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1 cup boiling water
1. Slice the green chillies and place in a medium bowl.
2. Add boiling water to chillies, and let sit for about 10 minutes.
3. Drain and place chillies in a sterilized jar. (To sterilize, boil jar and lid in hot water for 15 minutes)
4. In a separate bowl, mix vinegar, sugar and salt, stir to dissolve.
5. Pour vinegar mix over the chillies. Top up with more vinegar if required to cover all the chillies.
6. Leave in fridge overnight.
Printer friendly version here.