Here's a little first look at my baby bump. (Can you believe I'm already halfway there?)
I think it is harder for men to connect with the reality of having a baby as they are one step removed from the pregnancy process. Stu confessed to me that seeing the scans today made it more real for him, and he is even more freaked out now than before. Which is normal and sweet and makes me want to laugh at him.
1. Boy or girl, you ask? Well, we have decided to wait to find out, so
we'll both have a nice little surprise on the delivery day. I'm not too concerned about buying gender specific colours for my baby - it's not like
he or she will care! I rather have baby things in a spectrum of colours
instead of all pink or all blue things.
2. Can I just say I'm enjoying the second trimester so very much? I feel full of life again and my appetite has returned. My emotions are in check and I feel good about myself.
3. My ever growing baby bump gives me pride and I love patting it so much. Though I must confess when I see the reflection of a pregnant lady in a shop window or mirror, it is still shocking to realise that that person is actually me.
4. I may be pregnant but I'm still very vain. I'm still wearing my usual makeup and taking care of my general appearance, in fact I seem to favour brighter lip colours these days. It makes me happy.
5. Speaking of vain, when I outgrew my regular clothes a few weeks ago, I was absolutely devastated. I struggled to find clothes that fit and didn't look tacky. Thank goodness that I found out about Soon Maternity (via Ronnie's blog), which stocks lots of beautiful stylish maternity wear. I bought 2 dresses so far (including the one pictured) and I love them both.
6. In terms of cravings - it varies day by day and is normally extremely specific. Last week I wanted, no, actually make it needed banana and chocolate. Before that, I was hankering after pandan chiffon cake. Other times it was vegemite toast or banana smoothie or Hawaiian pizza (I usually don't even eat pineapples).
7. We have not started on the nursery yet as we're waiting to finish with the current bathroom renovations and the fitting of new carpets and curtains before we do so. But I'm very much looking forward to putting the room together!
8. I'm only just starting to feel movements from within but sometimes I'm not sure if it's baby or just gas!