Don't let the fancy name scare you. Eggs en Cocotte is really just a stage name for "eggs baked in a ramekin" and it is so easy to make. You can make a light and healthy version if you like (just skip the cream), but I personally like mine a little bit naughty. Here's how.
Eggs en Cocotte (Makes 4)
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
1/4 cup grated gruyère cheese
1/4 cup heavy cream1/4 cup diced ham
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (360°F). Grease 4 ramekins with butter.
2. Distribute the ham evenly amongst the ramekins, then add 1 tablespoon cheese on top.
3. Add 2 teaspoon cream then break an egg into each ramekin. Top with 1 teaspoon cheese.
4. Place the ramekins in a baking dish and pour water into the dish until halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
5. Bake for 12-15 minutes. Season the eggs with salt and pepper, top each with 1/2 tsp. parsley and serve immediately.
Printer friendly version here.