- 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 lightly beaten eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 pear, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Grease a 10cm x 20cm loaf tin. Sift flour into a large bowl. Add brown sugar, and bicarbonate of soda.
- Place eggs, milk and olive oil in a large bowl and whisk until well combined. Stir through pear and mixed berries.
- Pour the mixture into the centre of the flour mixture, folding gently until just combined. Spoon the mixture into the prepared loaf tin. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Remove from oven and set aside to cool for 5 minutes before turning onto a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.