I was given a box of test tubes some time ago after they were discarded as part of a lab move. I have been meaning to do something special with them but had no idea what. Then one day I got given a piece of driftwood lying about on a beach and voila! Inspiration struck.
I had to enlist Stu's help for this little project. Using a speed bore drill bit, he drilled 5 equally spaced holes into the wood. I entertained the idea of painting it but decided to just leave it and tell everyone I was going for the rustic look instead.
And then it was ready.
Flowers are horribly expensive at the moment. I saw some beautiful roses at the florist (all imported of course) but just couldn't bring myself to buy any. So I picked camelias from the garden and stuck them in. I put them on the bedside table and think they look rather lovely.